Thursday, December 3, 2009

Musical tastes?

I absolutely hate the question, "What type of music do you like?" I feel so indecisive or fickle or just not confident when I reply with, "I really like all music. Really." I am sure that I could find some songs that aren't pleasing to my ear, but in general I really do like all different genres from rock to pop to country to folk to rap to reggae. I grew up playing and enjoying many types of music, but my middle school years were probably the start of my biggest musical tastes, as those years are probably important to most people as they figure out who they are- and I believe music has a huge impact on the formation of a kid's identity. My formative years were filled with Nirvana, Green Day, Weezer, Led Zepplin, and They Might be Giants. These are the big ones, but I was really listening to so much variety, Jimmy Hendrix with my dad and The Offspring with my friends and big band with my grandpa and Sheryl Crow with Rick Dees, so my tastes are really all over the place.

No comments: