Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dude, Where's my Scaffolding?

I am going to be the kid in the class that needs a little extra help. I understand what I need to do for the assignment, have an idea that would work, but have no idea how to create the thing that is in my mind. I spent entirely too long on this collage and this is what you get, but please realize that I have no eye for design and do not work well with technology. I realize that I am lacking on visual impact, coherence, salience, and organization, but I really do not know how to do those things. I need more scaffolding. If I were to introduce a project like this to my students, I would have to be honest with them, and tell them that it is not my strong suit. Maybe their learning could come from teaching the teacher?



For this assignment I wanted to tell the story of how I am going to get a teaching job. I am a joiner. I enjoy extra-curricular activities and always have. When I am interviewing for teaching jobs, I am going to make it clear that I play every sport and am willing to be the advisor to everything. In the pictures above, I show myself as a band member and a member of several teams. I only had pictures of dodgeball and softball, but there are several others, which is why I included the picture of the soccer ball. The little picture of the yearbook respresents my willingness to be an advisor in things that generally deal with English, writing, theater, leadership and books, among others. With a visual resume like this, who wouldn't hire me!

1 comment:

Candance Doerr-Stevens (a.k.a. "dancing stylus") said...

Sarah, I think your plan to position yourself as a learner along side your students is the best way to go. This might actually allow for some authentic peer learning and peer play to occur in the classroom --candance

p.s. I love the band pics